File Editor With Power
- Add, change, delete or display files, data areas, user spaces and journals
- Search, scan or replace field comments
- Secure files with authority options
- Monitor file changes with audit trails
- Reactivate deleted records
- Create database maintenance applications
- SQL facility which allows more complex searches
- Data exports to comma-delimited files and XML configurations
- Display of database triggers on physical files
- Advanced record duplication functionality
- Advanced key field arrangement control
- Assists in the migration of DDS-based physical files to SQL tables by exporting SQL data definitions
- Instant Access to database relations allowing selection
- Print database layouts from remote systems
- Duplicate records quickly
- Create applications to access remote data
- Transfer data between remote system and IBM iSeries (AS/400)
- Enter Upper/Lower case
- Display formats
- Auto duplicate fields
- Show field attributes
- Create/Re-Sequence fields
- Multiple record display
- Display file in hex
- Print current record/layout
- Scan for decimal data errors
- Open query file support
- Read & search by format in multiple format logical
- Restrict command line
- Full support of null capable fields
- Disaster recovery codes
- Enable audit trails
Remote Data Access plug-in included
Included with DBU at no additional charge! Access cross-platform real-time data on remote systems using one interface. DBU remote database (RDB) supports access to MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 database and others. Use DBU to analyze data on All your servers.
DBURDBCFG is the command that will get you to the screen to setup connections. Here is the link to the documentation on it http://www.dodbu.com/documentation/DBUDoc.pdf and you would want to start at page 81.
EnterpriseOne/World plug-in included
Use DBU for quick updates (in green-screen or GUI mode)! If you use WorldSoftware or OneWorld, it’s time to team it up with DBU, database utility. Thousands of Quest members do! DBU allows user to view and update any JDE file instantly without using time-consuming queries, DFU or additional programming.
Instantly access information on logicals, enable security and audit logs or view and update multiple files. Use our traditional green-screen interface or GUI. It’s the most complete database tool available. DBU will extract the number of decimal positions assigned to each numeric field from the JDE data dictionary as well as pull in the text and column headings.
- DBU will allow the user to edit the numeric field length attributes.
- DBU Applications can be created so the next time the file is accessed using the application, the numeric fields will be displayed using the proper length and decimal positions and the field text and column headings info will also be included.
- DBU will now convert the JDE ‘Data Item Class…..DATEW’ fields to an editable date in the *USA format. DBU will also convert the date back to the JDE format when the user makes a change to the date.
- Duplicate records quickly
Get the Best of All Worlds
Upgrade your DBU software by purchasing DBU GUI seats ($195 / each concurrent seat). DBU/GUI offers 'explorer' like features for the System i AS/400 file systems and allows the user to maneuver the screen conveniently with the mouse or keyboard via buttons and tab panels. File properties & field information is just a click away! DBU/GUI was developed using JAVA, which means that the product operates on any operating system with a compliant Java virtual machine. Using a TCP/IP connection, DBU information from the System i database is presented thru the graphical user interface.