DBU, the "original" DB2 database utility / file editor has moved above & beyond its legacy! Now access IBM iSeries (AS/400) data AND any data on any platform through the same interface! Just type the command DBU on a command line with the library/file name and immediately, your file appears ready to be viewed or updated. It's as easy as that! With over 20,000 installs of DBU database utility in 31 countries, it is the leading database file editor on the market. It just keeps getting better and better.
Features / Plug-ins
Now you can access cross-platform real-time data on remote systems using one interface. DBU remote database (RDB) supports access to MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 database and others. Use DBU to analyze data on All your servers.
EnterpriseOne/World plug-in included
DBU database utility / file editor allows users to view and update any EnterpriseOne / World file without using time consuming queries, DFU or additional programming. Instantly access information on logicals, enable security and audit logs or view and update multiple files. Use our traditional green-screen interface, GUI or iSeries Navigator plug-in. It's the most complete database tool available!
DBU Features the Best of All Worlds
DBU/GUI offers 'explorer' like features for the System i AS/400 file systems and allows the user to maneuver the screen conveniently with the mouse or keyboard via buttons and tab panels. File properties & field information is just a click away! DBU/GUI was developed using JAVA, which means that the product operates on any operating system with a compliant java virtual machine. Using a TCP/IP connection, DBU information from the System i database is presented thru the graphical user interface.
File Editor With Power
- Add, change, delete and display records in any file
- Search & replace/delete using multiple search arguments
- Instant access to data base relations allowing selection
- Data exports to comma-delimited files and xml configs
- Print database layouts from remote systems
- Display of database triggers on physical files
- Allows more complex searches with SQL facility
- Duplicate records quickly
- Create applications to access remote data
- Transfer data between remote system and IBM iSeries (AS/400)